Friday, January 9, 2015

The Colors of Winter

It's no secret in our house that I'm not a huge fan of winter, from the freezing temperatures to the mushy muck that comes when the snow starts to melt, I'm definitely more of a Spring gal. :)  That being said…I can't deny the beauty of a fresh snow fall.  The way the sun hits the white and turns life into a crystal world.  One morning this week I woke up on such a day.  The sun was just rising, with a magnificent orange that could scarcely be looked at.  I found myself staring at the colors of that morning, the oranges and blues that perfectly depicted a winter day.  God's paintings are indeed the best. :)

I couldn't wait to try to get the picture forming in my mind out. :)

Here are a few pictures from that process.
I pretty much make a mess anytime I'm painting (Pasteling??) ;)


I quickly realized that a snowman was needed. :) and of course a child building said snowman…


 The Lantern seemed like it just needed to be there. :)


I think there might be another winter scene in me….I have ideas forming, but not sure what I think of them yet…you'll have to check back and see.. ;)

3 comments:

  1. How fun to see these! You are just so talented - thankful for these gifts that our Lord has given to you. :). I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! :D Yes, God's paintings ARE indeed the best. ^_^

    ReplyDelete